The name “Itapon” means “satisfying results”; and the Foundation was approved by the Thai Government as a charitable organization in 1998.
The Founding Board members are:
(1) Dr. Chaiyun Ukosakul
(2) Dr. Preecha Jengcharoen
(3) Dr. Supreeya Wongtrangan
(4) Dr. Anchalee Singhanetr
(5) Mr. Somjate Sritongkum
The Current Board members are:
(1) President: Chaiyun Ukosakul, PhD
(2) Vice President: Asst. Prof. Preecha Jengcharoen, PhD
(3) Secretary: Assoc. Prof. Supreeya Wongtrangan, M.D.
(4) Treasurer: Somjate Sritongkum, MA
(5) Member: Assoc. Prof. Chawanun Charnsilpa, M.D.
Itapon Foundation has 5 objectives:
- To do community development with the poor and marginalized people and minority ethnic groups.
- To promote cooperation, volunteerism and exchange help from members within a local community, between communities in Thailand and overseas.
- To produce participatory research and conduct social, cultural, educational and ethical researches on the poor and marginalized people, and the minorities.
- To establish child-development centers and schools.
- To partner with other organizations to do charitable work for the benefit of society.
The Sangkhlaburi Branch Office of Itapon Foundation is located in Nonglu, Sangkhlaburi District.